Originally Posted by Stabbey
Call me lazy if you want, I don't care, but for me, there are cases of games which put in too many stats. Without it being very clear which stats would be better, it doesn't help make decisions. The more stats you have to consider, the more difficult decisions become.

Honestly I only finished Torchlight once and that was years ago. It was too boring and the kind of item fever which is supposed to drive those kind of ARPGs never clicked for me.

Also while yes Planescape: Torment is still highly praised for its world and story - the combat, not so much.

Planescape torment was ground breaking I never said the combat was good lol it was more than the story it was about feeling like your character was achieving something for any stat increase. Your character came alive because you were forced to make choices which affected them in game leading to ability increases and you had to find the right people to change class's not just purchase skills from some bum with a book.

That being said:

This thread has become very active hopefully the devs are seeing that and noticing that they need to do something about how character advancement works before release of the game and change the way attributes work.

I'm not asking for Hero system level revamp here if anyone gets that reference good on you its the most complicated PnP roleplaying system out there and you actually have to use a computer program to create characters or it would take you days for creation and advancement.

I would be happy with a change back to the DOS skill and attribute system when you can learn anything at level 1 skill points that is crazy and the attribute mechanic is totally broken right now and the system used in DOS to determine how many and what skills to raise being limited by points and having the cost of points spent per level of skill be cumulative prevented most OP builds that could destroy game balance it also made the game more fun.

While the suggestions in this thread are good I am also thinking of the easiest way to keep the game fun without making the devs work to hard on any kind of revamp to the system.