Excellent post Aj. I agree 90%. The other 10%, as has already been mentioned. There are several occasions where the 'pacifist option' generates more XP and the being good option generates even more XP, those are already in game. Being 'good' doesn't need any more rewards than it already has. Like WTF does everyone think Altruism actually means? I'm good to you so you owe me something? Like really? Please people, 'goodness is it's own reward', is not just some pretty words. If killing makes you feel bad, don't do it. If it's hard for you to miss 600xp for not killing someone, this really isn't the game having a problem.

I take satisfaction in the knowledge that when my character is the new Divine, the world of Rivellon will be a genuinely better place. I don't need bonus xp or evil people to be forced into being less evil for that to happen.

Now if people want to discuss lack of non-combat solutions to certain situations that's fine, but D:OS and D:OS 2 gives you lots of ways to win without murdering everything in sight. D:OS has never made me feel like I'm erasing entire species of critters like many other RPGs and ARPGs does. How many people complain about that?