Originally Posted by Kilroy512512

So it begs the question, how significant is the impact on play if people playing through the game get significantly different exp values based on how they decide to handle the situation? I would say pretty significant since it has already caused a big enough difference to where people playing through casually, including myself, noticed without provocation.

The only reason for this is the lack of content at the moment. I refer you back to D:OS. The system on exp was essentially the same.

>'Good' solutions to quests gave more exp, on average, than any other solution other than double dipping

>Long term impact a certain play style gave was ultimately negligible cause of the amount of bonus exp for being good

>Even double dipping had little impact in the end

>The only reason this issue has jumped out to anyone is cause the limited content and exp sources at the current moment combined with the low level area of the EA mean each point of exp has more weight than normal. This weight value depreciates over time in D:OS as you level up and interact with more quests due to the variety of exp rewards given based on playstyle and the exponential cost of leveling req.

Which is why i find this silly: The only reason this is so obvious at the moment is cause of the limited content. Full release will functionally void all complaints cause ultimately the level differences in the end, no matter player action, will not be significantly different and the functional combat ability will neither.

The reason why the differences between level 20-23 don't really matter much is because the characters will functionally work the same with larger numbers. There are no appreciable differences and the combat will largely play out the same given how strong builds always get by end game anyway. It's essentially nitpicking in doing 90% damage to final boss health per turn and 110% damage

Edit:
In D:OS, the difference between being level 12 and level 11 could be very significant due to skill req and stuff. Each step to finishing a player 'build' was important.

This difference between individual levels shrinks as time goes on as builds get finished and fleshed out, such that the difference between levels 15-16 is much more marginal as people are just tacking things on that they like to a certain combat style rather than feeling any significant gains.

Last edited by aj0413; 19/10/16 12:35 AM.