Originally Posted by aj0413
Originally Posted by mfr
Originally Posted by aj0413
Originally Posted by error3

This sounds good to me.

Giving exponentially more XP for higher level enemies and requiring exponentially more XP for each additional level would accomplish the same thing.

<snip>

And here's the complaints:
"Evil" = more exp = one/two extra levels for hours more work and multiple playthroughs and guides

You have unsuccessfully validated why that extra work shouldnt be rewarded and why the, frankly, small difference is notable.

I don't follow your argument here. The npcs we are discussing are in the main low level with the combat ability of a dead rat. If you get into a fight with them, it typically lasts a few minutes at most.

What relevance do multiple playthroughs and guides have? These are used (or not used) by players adopting all play styles.

The "work" is minimal and the rewards are disproportionate. In the early stages of Fort Joy, a difference of a single level can changes battles from difficult to routine, so it is not a matter of a "small difference".

My complaints about your hamfisting attempt to solve something that's only a possible issue cause of the limited content available has far reaching impact.

So, yes, the fact that levels don't/won't differ much in the end cause of exponential req to level up is important to note.

Those fights you say last a couple minutes will be adding up if someone really wants that extra level at the end cause he'll be having to repeat that for a good long time during the final release.

In fact, anyone who's saying that those couple minutes adding up isn't important should aslo not be complaining about the time wasted repairing items...it's only a couple seconds, eh?? -_- And yet they feel it's important. That's the definition of being a hypocrite.

<cut to avoid a wall of text>

Your complaint still does not make sense. I assume you mean that you have information of how the parts of the game which we have not played yet are designed and that the XP balance deals with the issues under discussion. Is that so?

Do you know that the XP awards for killing vendors etc. in later zones do not increase exponentially as well? This seems to be a hidden assumption.

If you read my comment on time again, you will see that I gave an UPPER BOUND for the time taken. I would in fact be surprised if many lasted more than a few seconds unless other NPCs join in, but if you intend to kill them all anyway this could make the process even more efficient.

I would also be grateful if you could point out where I have complained about the time spent in repairing gear. You are in fact ascribing views to me which I do not have. Weapon repair can be dealt with efficiently so that it does not take up too much time.

As for the charge of hypocrisy, I will only point out that when you point the finger at someone, three more are pointing at you.

Someone must have spiked her senna pod drink!