Originally Posted by mfr
[

Your complaint still does not make sense. I assume you mean that you have information of how the parts of the game which we have not played yet are designed and that the XP balance deals with the issues under discussion. Is that so?

Do you know that the XP awards for killing vendors etc. in later zones do not increase exponentially as well? This seems to be a hidden assumption.

If you read my comment on time again, you will see that I gave an UPPER BOUND for the time taken. I would in fact be surprised if many lasted more than a few seconds unless other NPCs join in, but if you intend to kill them all anyway this could make the process even more efficient.

I would also be grateful if you could point out where I have complained about the time spent in repairing gear. You are in fact ascribing views to me which I do not have. Weapon repair can be dealt with efficiently so that it does not take up too much time.

As for the charge of hypocrisy, I will only point out that when you point the finger at someone, three more are pointing at you.

The hipocrasy was a general point made at others in the thread. If it doesn't apply to you, don't worry about it.

Also, on this point, I've never complained about time taken to do a task in game. I like tedious tasks. I spend hours grinding, picking up junk items, messing with the crafting system, ect...80 hours in D:OS on is me basically just doing tedious tasks back and forth. Thus, I can't be a hipocrate.

The exponential gains of killing NPCs isn't a thing. All XP values are based off NPC level and some other factors, but is in fact static.

My basis of reasoning is logical application of looking at game one, looking at game two, and seeing that XP works the same way for all intents and purposes.

While, I could be wrong and a level 1 NPC XP reward on kill might change over the course of the game I find it highly unlikely.

My points on exponential costs for leveling can be seen in the EA and further supports the idea that leveling and xp gains work the same as in game one.

Further, you seem to miss the fact that I readily agree that NPC combat level, actual level, and XP value should all be aligned. It currently isnt.

As for your Upper Bound.....it doesn't really matter. If it takes one second to kill any non combat NPC...and there are 120 in the final game. Then someone who killed them all, spent 2 minutes more than you on combat. Those 2 minutes should feel rewarding for the time spent. Obviously this as an extreme case, but still. Maybe the extra 2 min = 200 gold. Realistically, killing all the NPCs takes a good bit of time and effort. Have you ever attempted it in game one? You'll be there for an hour or two at the extreme lower bound, but a couple hours on average.

**Please read everything I write on th thread before hashing at specific points. It's possible you overlook the fact that I do in fact address them