That's your argument for keeping it? There's no intelligent, creative or interesting 'consequence' of having characters damaged after combat in this game. Because the consequence of damaged party members is - 'you got damaged - now we're going to bore you by making you click and heal over and over until everyone is back to full health'.

You've played games with auto-heal where this mechanic made the combat less strategic as result?? Eh... Did you read that sentence before you typed it, chief?

'because good enough is treated exactly the same as very good, or even perfect' makes no grammatical or logical sense whatsoever, either way. Healing after combat has absolutely no impact on strategy during combat - unless you're the type of person who says to themselves: 'god, I hope I can keep everyone at 100% until the battle's end, because if I don't I face the ultimate challenge of repetitively hovering over a heal icon, clicking on a character portrait and waiting for the heal icon to recharge. Again. And again.'