Oh, this is a good one.

The bug is that Elodi, in the grotto, is also participating in the fight which is happening at the fort's gate.

Here is all the relevant information which might help you figure it out.

Right, when I first entered the prison, I sided with Elohdi and Ifan and fought and killed the thugs. I did not recruit Ifan for my team. (I think?) I'm pretty sure I didn't. Elodi went to the grotto.

I decided to test out and see if the Stupid Psychic Guard thing was fixed, so I took my created character Bruno out side of the fort, then immediately teleported him back inside. Yep, the guards immediately attacked Bruno on sight. Ifan also aggroed for some reason, so the guards killed him as well as Bruno. I walked my other team up and resurrected Bruno slightly outside of range of the guards to see if it was a permanent aggro. It was. My whole team started fighting, but this time Elodi also joined the fight... while still standing in the grotto. Whenever her turn came up, the camera briefly cut to show her in the grotto before the AI saw no targets and so did not act, thus moving the turn along.

Screenshot:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/stabbey_the_clown/screenshot/823439759919740269