I entered my battles pre blessed and with a high enough finesse, I had a decent chance of dodging at least 1 or 2 attacks which pretty much guaranteed my rogue's survival. Plus the biggest contributor to a character's survival outside of stealth seems to be armor/magical armor so wearing the right gear is enough to counter any first turn issues in my opinion. IMO finesse builds on top being highest dps is also the tankiest since dodging an attack or 2 especially in a tough fight does a lot more than any other defensive bonus from the other stats.

I feel that the best way to nerf rogue slightly is to either add in backstab immunity for certain monsters or to reduce the amount of armor damage daggers/knives do. Also, reduce the damage of knives like one of the posters said.

The fact you can backstab certain monsters seem weird to me. Backstabbing that giant worm boss is kinda strange considering how its body is. Without backstab, a major portion of the rogue's dps is gone especially in critical fights. They are however still able to clear up the trash mobs easily which is still a good reason to bring them.

Armor penetration should be factored in as well. Daggers honestly should not deal as much armor damage as lets say a mace or a giant axe. An armor damage debuff would nerf the damage of rogue while being logical imo. It also sort of fits the image of rogue being an assassin that goes after weak points.

With regards to mage vs rogue, I just feel that mage's biggest issue is that breaking through magic armor takes a lot more investment compared to a rogue who can finish most mobs in a few skills. Most of the time when you break through the target's magical armor, the fight is pretty much half way done and it is just a matter of cleaning up. As a result, mages just seem to be the kind of character where if you are doing great, it is great, if not, it is mediocre. I feel the best way to counter this is to allow dots/soft ccs such as chilled to work even with magical armor on. This also has the slight effect of nerfing stealth since these dots prevent stealth.

PS. the way bosses regenerate armor especially magical armor after they break out of ccs is just not fun for me. Magic's entire arsenal pretty much depends on statuses and cc so exactly how do you expect me to enjoy the class when magical armor blocks most of the effects and using some of these effects just punishes me... Just seems like continuous punishment and not enough rewards.

Last edited by PotatoNCabbage; 29/05/17 04:48 AM.