Originally Posted by BraccusaurusRex
Originally Posted by Deadknight
The way I found to play a tank is to have only one point in Warfare, one in Polymorth (for the Armour regen) the rest in geomancer for Fortitute.
He had a 1 handed weapon with poison damage (which get heavily increase by geomancy).

So I placed him far up front so the enemy attack him then I bring the rest of the group moves in range.
If the enemy ignore him and try to run to my back line, they wasted a turn so it's good too.
Then for the rest of the combat he helps with knockbacks or destroy armor/magical armour or giving armour to other party members.

But yeah the defensive abilities, I am unsure, however perseverance if you have 20 you regain all your armor after certain CC so, it's a heavy investment but it might be very strong late game.

However I still have to try it but a 2hander with Necromancy as a secondary spec might be a better tank.
You will attract enemy attacks and you can heal yourself with your attacks (works even through decay) and shackle of pain will either stop enemy to attack you or one of them will take damage (and the drain will work for 50%).

My question is in what scenario would you ever want to invest 20 points in anything? or even 10 for that matter? That's a rediculous amount of lvling just for one skill. This also means that for 20 lvls worth of skill points, you have a character with no offense capabilities who can only recover his magic/physical armor after recovering from a debuff. This doesn't even consider what will happen if he does get focused and killed before he recovers.

Now consider that with putting points into offense, literally 1 point in any skill tree unlocks a whole new set of abilities and gives you bonuses that you can actively use whenever you want. for 20 points, you can learn every skill in the game (assuming lvl 2 is the max requirement for a skill, not including abilities tied to specific companions). even if you put all 20 skill points in any offensive skill, you get a massive bonus that you can actively make use of (ie. 20 aerothurge/warfare +200% damage to magic/physical armor, 20 necromancy heals +200% of damage dealt, etc)

Basically, with how much offense skills give vs defense skills, you'll most likely invest your first 10 lvls of skill points there before even considering investing anything in the defense skills.

all this...passive builds just dont work well in the combat style

Last edited by aj0413; 18/08/17 08:03 AM.