About the 50% buff to enemies in Tactician, I believe that is very similar to what DOS:EE did as well, along with other changes to mob size and abilities. So EE wasn't some bastion of non-buffing ecstasy in Tact mode.

But as gamers I think over the years we've made it fairly clear to devs that we don't like difficulty that is based just on a multiplication factor of stats, unless the rewards made it worth it. It would be cool if Tactician exists with the new tactics and not the boosted stats. To me that makes a more interesting AI. I'm still glad they have this level, DOS1 imo never really had a very hard mode for those who like to game in that manner.

For Mods:
I know unpacking the files and editing a single file you could take these stat boosts out super easily in DOS1, without messing with the rest of the tactical changes. That seems like it would be a good one to have in DOS2 to. Actually going through a final run of DOS:EE with Epic Encounters mod, but I'll have to check out the mod section to see if we have an unpacker for Dos2.

A mod to go back and forth between Classic/Tactical would be nice, but perhaps there are programmatic reasons why that can't work.

Still looks like I'll want a speed mod to mozy around in the world a bit quicker.

Auto-heal out of combat is a QoL feature mod I like to.

Edit: Noticed the EE unpacker works, seems like there should be a very quick and easy way to knock the stats boosts off in Tactician mode.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 15/09/17 03:12 PM.