I can only choose one talent.

The two which are preselected seem to be related to the race and class.
So leave the racial one, like Elf Corpse eater, Dwarf guile or Lizard Spellsong and give me the choice of two at the character creation.

Because talents are so rare. If we were getting talents every two levels or something that would be different.

Yes i can see my civil skills and chose one, the problem is i dont know in advance what skills the companions will have.
That requires either restarting the game and going through the tutorial-intro fifty seven hundred times, or going out of the game to search for info. But it could be solved in the game itself very easily.

1. By providing basic info on when we are getting the Talents.
2. By allowing players to choose two talents at the start.
3. By allowing the players to level up companions - including their two starting talents - except the racial one.

This would quickly solve the problem of choosing stats that companions already have. And remove the need to exit the game to find info about it.

Is there any imaginable reason why humans have to be Thrifty? Why cant i have a thrifty Dwarf, Elf or an Undead? Why cant i have a sturdy Undead? Or a Human, or an Elf? Is there any reason why any of them cannot be Ingenious? Is there some cosmic law that demands this must be so and no other way?
Its not like those talents bring anything but meager +1 in basic attributes.