Originally Posted by Niklasgunner
Oh of course, I'm a troll for suggesting fixes to an abuseable game mechanic.

Yes. Yes you are.

Be 100% completely honest here: how does someone choosing to play the way you're describing break your experience?

Why the hell does it matter if it's "abusable" or not? Are there any ramifications of people using the respec system in the way you describe that directly affect the enjoyment of others?

I also don't think you've properly thought through your argument or even tried to do what you describe. In order for it to work, you have to save before each and every conversation or encounter, reload the save when it doesn't go the way you want, head back to Lady Vengeance, respec, head back to the scenario in question and win it with your newly assigned skills.
Oh, and heading back to Lady Vengeance then back to the encounter isn't as quick as it sounds. Teleporter pyramids don't take you to or from the ship, so you have to head to and from the nearest waypoint.

Personally, I myself save scum, but not to that extent. While I know it's possible, life's too short to do this at every step of the game. And I think most people think the same.

And if I do want to "win" every last situation (which I don't; the story develops in interesting ways when you can't succeed at everything), I can forgo all that nonsense, load up Cheat Engine and max out all characters. That's a lot less time consuming than doing things the way you think breaks the game.

And you know what? If I do load up Cheat Engine, especially in a single player game with no online code checking for cheats, there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it. In that scenario, am I ruining your enjoyment of the game? Because let me tell you, there are actually thousands of people out there doing exactly that.

Last edited by Mungrul; 25/09/17 01:22 PM.