I am doing a solo run myself that so far I am almost 22hrs into so I may be able to offer some help.

I closely watched his or her video of the fight with Bishop Alexander and I gather that the person just has good knowledge of game mechanics and synergies and also makes good strategic choices and good use of skills at critical moments (eg. saving rage to guarantee criticals to leech to full health when health is critically low instead of using it asap for damage). If you watch these videos carefully and analyze both the skill usage and the attribute/combat/civil/talent stat allocations you will learn quite a bit on how to successfully mimic the character build.

I believe that early on for any solo tactician build will test the limits of your patience and strategy (which can be very rewarding) because you are severely limited in both your skills available and gear available.

I don't believe you should be taking on Griff and his cronies so early in the game. In another thread I gave some general tips for any solo tactician and one of the tips was that early on you should be at least 1 level higher than someone you want to fight (it helps greatly to even the odds when you have so little skills and inferior gear). However, Griff has a semi well rounded group of friends at his aid and so personally I would recommend trying the fight at level 4-6 (I did it at 6 and it was trivial so level 5 may be more challenging - with more strategic choices level 4 may even be possible).

Also, it would appear for the particular build that the YouTuber and you are playing, that points in Necromancer are critical for success. I surmise that you simply don't have enough points in Necromancer (or bonuses from equipment) to leech back more damage than what is incoming. Gather more gear with + to Necromancer levels and use the most damaging 2-hander that you can will help you achieve this as early as possible.

By the time the YouTuber gets to Mordus the full build is well past up and running. Even in the fight with Alexander the build is already up and running because two hits with the rage buff nearly fills the character from empty to full health. So the skills and stat allocations after that point are icing on the cake assuming you continue to upgrade your gear.

A note about your last comment about the youtuber's "insane" gear. The gear he or she is wearing can easily be obtained just through normal play. If you go to 14:28 on the Alexander fight video you can see under the Talents tab that they chose to have 0 points into lucky charm but 2 points to thievery. Level 2 thievery would allow the character to steal from anyone in Act 1 and choosing carefully would quickly boost gear and money gain. I can also tell you from going with lucky charm and bartering instead of thievery (early on) that you can also easily obtain very good gear and any skill book that you want if you are patient and choose carefully.

You just have to be very patient in the beginning because you won't be well rounded until near the end of Act 1.

Last edited by Toazd; 27/09/17 12:12 AM.