@OP this is actually a really good suggestion, and I like it alot. If you made the CC protection 2/3 of the life of the person, that decreased with all damage, it would function as a buffer to make CC more effective the closer the person was to being dead. Not only does this seem balanced, but it also makes sense in a real world sort of way. The only way I would change it would be having skills that increased CC armor like bodybuilding and willpower did, or give certain characters an innate resistance to it as well.

Originally Posted by qwerty3w
#larianreworkarmorandinitiative

I think we need suggestions that would not break saves, so they can be used for an update or an expansion pack.

Armor: a rough and easy fix would be double the vitality for all characters, but they receive 2X damage if lose both armors. Controls might be quite handy under such system when you only break one armor of the target.

Initiave: change to the classical move order system, character with higher initiative move earlier. But investing on wits should have diminished returns on initiave, so the first-mover advantage would be more in proportion to its disadvantage (less points for other attributes).

I feel like this wouldn't fix the core issue of the armor system, that being all effects other than hard CC are useless , and the fact that when one type of armor is removed they will be CC'ed for eternity. Those are the problems that need to be addressed. In the post above, his system would allow non hard CC to go through all the time, but also make it so you can only chain CC enemies that are nearly dead, which is fine as you could probably kill them anyway. This means that the enemies you would want to attempt to CC would have higher health and a chance to resist it.

Last edited by HUcast; 01/10/17 03:44 PM.