The timelines do seem a bit vague and contradictory: when you meet with the tedious historian guy in Arx, he speaks as if the events of 1233/38/whenever were long ago rather than contemporary, though that is just an interpretation. And I think it makes more sense if OS2 happens before BD.

I think Larian has a sort of canonical story regardless of your choices which is why I keep mentioning "not my Lucian", since Lucian as depicted after DD is not the character I played, either in terms of personality, intent, gender or name. But that's what he is, so that's what I've had to accept. I guess the story does what it wants, and D2 is as much a part of it as any other bit: which of course I would say since it remains my favourite part of the series, but it's not like certain assumptions aren't without precedent.

And there is that gnarly matter of when dead is actually dead, since certain characters just won't give up, Braccus (who ISTR I already killed twice in D:OS) and Zombie Jake being just two.

J'aime le fromage.