Originally Posted by Durango
I'll agree with that. I liked the idea of the mug better, to be honest, but hey. Shit happens. I'm not too upset about the change. The communication on the other hand... That was piss poor.
I too would really have loved to have the mug. Much more useful than the statue. We'll likely never know whether good quality mugs were to be had for the available budget (shipping and packaging is likely also a concern here, as mugs are both heavy and fragile), so it's pointless to speculate. However, just like the thing with the Oujia board, the change should have been communicated a lot earlier. That statue certainly did not manifest itself just days before the CE was revealed.

Originally Posted by Durango
And it's the same with the GoG mess. Backer that should have received a digital code for the GoG collector edition only got a code that gets them the standard edition. While not dramatic per se, the communication is, once again, very disappointing: official words on that matter are scarce, vague, and definitely not up to date.
Isn't it the same with Steam as well? I've only redeemed one of my keys (on GOG) so far, and will likely give the second as a gift. So I cannot tell what I would get on Steam. But, to be fair, I did not find any information on the Kickstarter page that would indicate that the digital game copies would be special. The reward tier clearly says "Two copies of D:OS2 as a digital download", and nothing to the contrary in the tier images or reward matrix either.