Originally Posted by Qiox
How can you find any challenge in a game where your plans never fail? How is it strategic when there are no decisions to be made, no possibilities to consider, no cost-benefit to be weighed when something may or may not work?

100% CC effectiveness is an abomination in a turn based strategy game. It removes the strategy completely and turns into something with which failure is no longer a possibility.

That people jump into discussions about the flaws of the armor system and comment on how more status effects should ignore armor leaves me completely bewildered. That would only make the situation worse!

Are there really so few people who actually enjoy challenging combat where you have deal with 'oh shit that didn't work' moments?

The issue is if you have 4x physical all of them with battering ram and battle stomp...CC is 100% effective. The "ideal" group is a physical cheese group that blows away the physical armor and chain CC's the enemies. That shouldn't be the "best" option in a game where you have 50+ skills/spells. It renders all of those things inferior because stacking warfare on 4 avatars makes the game trivially easy.

I don't think CC should ignore armor unless it's based on resistances. I do however think physical resistance needs to be added to make physical stacking not be so amazing.