Originally Posted by Marc54
Originally Posted by MadDemiurg
I don't see a huge problem satisfying all groups of people. I doubt "average folks" could do XCOM legendary ironman, but it exists. Why highest difficulty should be easy for average player? I would also question if it's only 1% of people that find the game too easy. Judging by the forums its way more than that, although forum is obviously not representative. But we don't have any other data.

If you base it on the forums, then the number is far below 1% given it has likely sold around 500k copies (I think). There are really only about 5 or 6 people who are actively asking for official changes. You need to remember most folks dont bother with forums and certainly, most are not min/maxers. They just play the game and you will never hear from them. Forums are usually the haven of more hardcore folks with a few comments here and there by people who find the game too hard.

I think tactician is too easy so I turned to mods to make it harder. I think its unwise to ask for more time spent making it harder. There is no point to that. Time is better spent on bugs and new content. We can always make it harder on our own with a little effort and like I said, I think there are enough people complaining that normal is too hard to justify keeping tactician as is. Frankly I think they should stop with the nerfs as well because some of them were damn funny to watch (hamstrung chicken for example).

Will it still work in online co-op if both players installed the same mods?