Originally Posted by Ariel~
Originally Posted by Limz
Originally Posted by Ariel~

But I don't have issues winning fights, I just feel like my mage isn't contributing as much as I was hoping.
Originally Posted by Igniz13
What build are you using and what is your team comp. You may just be doing it wrong.

Pretty much what Igniz wrote; you'll need to supply us with a bit more information as to what your game plan, your party composition, your expectations of the foe variety/density, your play style, and your criteria of 'enough contribution'.

For example, let's just say at the Alexander fight at around level 8, if my mage who goes first can CC Alexander and deal some amount of health damage then he/she has done their job with minimal to no exploits then I consider that competitive and the mage to have fully contributed (because Alexander will be dead by the second or third character). How the mage gets there within those parameters doesn't matter as much but your expectations might not be the same.

I could tell you how to do it and what the bare minimums you would need to do it, but if you're going to say "but that's close for comfort" then we're more limited on our options to make your vision work.

My party comp atm is 2 phys damage dealers (d/d poly/scoundrel and crossbow huntsman/poly), 1 bruiser (sword/shield warfare/necro/geo) and the mage with at least two points on each elemental attribute.

Generally I want to burst down a priority target on the first round or at least get through their armor to chicken claw so I can kill it in two, bruiser stands in the front soaking up damage and softening armor so it'll hopefully get a few knockdowns mid fight.

As for the mage, initially I built her to be a control mage and when that didn't work I just loaded her up with a ton of party buffs and initiative so she's mostly a support now, Peace of mind allows either the ranger or rogue to play 2 turns in a row by delaying their initial turn for max burst potential.

You're putting too much onto one character. They won't have the ap to do everything you'd want from magic. You need to focus on one or two schools at most or you'll end up too strained.

What you're doing can work, but you'll need to get as much int as possible to compensate for the lower skill values. You can get a minimum amount of skill requirements for spells, then pump poly for more int.

If you want to focus on damage, then you're going to need to be more focused.

gambling on some rng cc affect is not a deep strategic decision. It's just a sign of gambling addiction.