Originally Posted by Rayner
I mean, this shouldn't be too hard to prove.

1. Get a save towards the end of the game.
2. Respec between various two-handed / ranger / mage builds, preferably naked except for the weapon
3. Record damage ranges for all abilities
4. Look up boss stats for key fights in the editor and compensate for resistance values
5. Look up physical / magical armor ratio for bosses as well

Does everything line up?

Ok,get to work then.
Jokes aside to respec in order to cover boss elemental imunities is a nightmare like no other and is something most of RPG players will simply not do because it's too much busy work. Based on the conversations in this section of the fourm,there is no doubt in my mind that mages are meant to spam dual wielded wand attacks until the opponents armor can be nuked down in one spell,idealy with a critical strike,because it's more reliable than securing good positioning every fight.

So far I have been messing around with a staff wielding battlemage,clad in a huge suit of plate armor and I am simply steam rolling through most encounters...but it's not as fun as I hoped it to be,simply because my auto attacks with the staff and staff of magus deals more damage than any of my 2 ap spells and I had to rely on RNG very early on to get items to cover the spell requirements for Whirlwind,Teleport,Netherswap and Chameleon Cloak.....which are the base of my build.