Hey Kevin,
wow thank you very much for that fast answer, highly appreciated from my side here thankyou and happy to see the wiki getting updated! A step forward for community doing more custom assets!

That explains a lot. I followed your instructions (as updated in the wiki) and indeed the filepath named bones are gone and everything is named as intended.

UNFORTUNATELY the Dummy_FX bones are still NOT working for me. No effect does show up when directly attach at the visual resource via resource manager and e.g. the torch script still makes the whole thing burn (I guess that's the case when it is not finding Dummy_FX_01 to which the effect is attached via script)

This is my newly exported WPN_torch with correct bones names BUT still no attachment working: (i first tried with FX_01 only. then attached to everything for testing without success)
[Linked Image]

This is an original asset where bone names look the same AND it's working
[Linked Image]

I want to remind you about that additional possible source of error i mentioned above:
[Linked Image]

Any input regarding an ideal workflow for exporting assets from the game for Maya import would be much welcome. welcome

Edit: Screenshot from the GR2 converter tool:
[Linked Image]

Last edited by morez; 01/02/18 01:05 PM.