Stumbled over your thread. Interesting to have an editor now ;-)

The reason I'm posting is to answer a question you posted on GIT, about the modifier.

You have probably already unpacked Main.pak with Norbyte's editor.
You will have two 'mods' under the 'Public' and 'Mods' folders, 'Main' and Shared'. You will find most files I mention under the 'Shared' folder. So when I mention Stats/Generated/Data/Armor.txt, it's normally the Public/Shared/Stats/Generated/Data/Armor.txt file because most stats are in the 'Shared' mod folder.

The possible boost combinations are defined in Stats/Generated/Data/ItemType.txt, e.g. for 'Divine' items:

Code
new itemtype "Divine","ebc808","Item_Divine","1.5",1,Divine,Divine,3
new boostgroup
boost "Legendary"
boost "Large"
boost "Normal"
boost "Small"
new boostgroup
boost "Legendary"
boost "Large"
boost "Normal"
boost "Normal"
new boostgroup
boost "Legendary"
boost "Large"
boost "Large"
boost "Normal"

The 'boost ...' entries are the 'boost slots' an item has, so a divine item has three different potential combinations of boost slot, e.g. 'Legendary', 'Large', 'Normal' and 'Small'.
(By the way, the 'ebc808' in the entry header is the item color in RGB hex notation.)

The boost to boost slot assignment definitions can be found in Stats/Generated/DeltaModifier.txt, I take an example for two 'slot takers'

Code
new deltamod "Weapon_Giant_Vitality_Mod_Mid"
prefixname "Curing"
suffixname "of Vitality"
param "ModifierType" "Weapon"
param "MinLevel" "1"
param "MaxLevel" "12"
param "BoostType" "Large"
new boost "_Vitality_Giant_WeaponBoost",1

new deltamod "Weapon_Giant_Vitality_Mod_Late"
prefixname "Restorative"
suffixname "of the Surgeon"
param "ModifierType" "Weapon"
param "MinLevel" "13"
param "BoostType" "Normal"
new boost "_Vitality_Giant_WeaponBoost",1

You find the slot names from ItemType.txt here again.
You also see an item level 'MinLevel' and 'MaxLevel'. The second entry does not have a max level which means starting from MinLevel.

What is interesting about these two entries is that they define the same boost.
So, on an item from until level 12, the boost '_Vitality_Giant_WeaponBoost' will occupy a 'Large' slot on an item while starting from level 13, it will take a 'Normal' one.

Since the modifier type is 'Weapon' you'll have to search for a stat of type "Weapon" to find out what the boost actually does. All weapon boosts are defined in Stats/Generated/Data/Weapon.txt, along with the weapon definitions:

Code
new entry "_BOOSTS_Weapon"
type "Weapon"
data "ModifierType" "Boost"
data "Act" "1"
data "Act part" "1"
data "Charges" "0"

new entry "_Vitality_Giant_WeaponBoost"
type "Weapon"
using "_BOOSTS_Weapon"
data "Value" "2"
data "VitalityBoost" "8"

I posted the base entry '_BOOSTS_Weapon' here too because it's used by the actual stat entry.
('using' is comparable to a C #include, with the exception that the values can be overwritten in the specific section while a C compiler would quit with some 'already defined' error ;-)

I posted a thread over a year ago with a link to a LibreOffice spreadsheet that contains the results of different input values on different levels (or 'Act Parts' as the level is called in many stat files).

You can find the thread in this forum, it's called something like 'A Collection of Stats' and I'm too lazy to search for the link right now ;-)

You will find one additional "BoostType" in DeltaModifier.txt and that is 'ItemCombo' which is not used by the drop engine (it's not in ItemType.txt) but by crafting exclusive boosts like the '_Tormented_WeaponBoost' when putting a tormented soul on a weapon.
This additional slot type makes sure that crafting does not overwrite other slots if the boosts were of the same type but to add the boost on top.

I do not know where the possible slot types are defined but that's most likely hardcoded somewhere inside the game's .exe.

Since you're already playing around with save files, you could look if you find a way to 'reset the handle counter' to repair savegames that no longer work due to the infamous 'out-of-handles' crash ;-)