Greetings,

I am replaying the game to obtain the "Never Say Die" achievement. Unfortunately, I am stuck in the tunnels beneath the cabin of the White Witch. More specifically a game crash occurs each time I manage to kill any of the enemies there. I have 300+ hours of playtime, have done quite a few crazy experiments pushing the game's scripts, triggers and encounter logic to the limit but this is the first time something like this happens to me.
So far I am unable to resolve the problem myself. This is what I tried:
-Verified the integrity of the game files
-Reinstalled the game
-Wanted to but could not learn anything from the autogenerated dump files as they are completely empty
-Ran 'AnalysisTool.exe' and carefully examined the report - no anomalies whatsoever
-Tried finishing off an enemy with all possible types of damage to see if any of the DoT effects are causing the issue
-Submitted myself to the painstaking effort of killing a foe without any gear on for the sake of testing whether a bugged crafted item is the culprit
-Partially regained my sanity by using Aminoacow's save editor to make a couple of powerful items to let me eliminate a target in one blow and see if that will do the trick
Needless to say, since I am posting here, none of the above helped. No matter where I am on that map, no matter who I kill, as soon as the target's health drops do 0 the game crashes straight to the desktop.

I am playing through steam on a platform with the following specifications:
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz
GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 @ 1670MHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x4GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz

I hope someone can help me resolve this problem as I am eagerly anticipating the release of D:OS2 DE in a couple of days and really wanted to finish D:OS EE at 100% before moving on. If not my heart will be broken...