Originally Posted by Haran
I did not expect to get so much hate for such a simple request. I don't visit game forums often, so when I came back today to check if there was a reply to my post I was surprised to see that it was at the very top of the page.

To the developers: please keep in mind that most of your fans, like me, do not write often on forums such as this. The people who voiced objection to my request may be the most vocal fans, and they seem to have very strong opinions on the sexualization of female characters in games. But I'm guessing they are a minority and that the vast majority of people who play your games share my opinion that characters in games are not there to satisfy our sexual desires. And we would prefer you ditch the boob plate and skimpy outfits in favor of more believable and more humanizing portrayals of female characters.

Yeah that's complete bunk. First of all we're talking about a video game. Second it's a fantasy game. This "silent majority" thing is demonstrably false were anyone to consider the backlash nearly every game that "censors", or intentionally creates ugly female characters (Andromeda, Inquisition) ends up receiving.

Humans are innately sexual as well. It's literally a part of evolution and a fact of every sentient species. The majority of humans (because it's literally in our reproductive drive and survival as a species) want sexy females/males (depending on sexuality). Even if we disregard the fact of evolution and biology, we still have the social sciences and societal norms. There's a reason that advertisements and media use sexualized and attractive females/males.

So if you're telling me otherwise, you're either 1.) Lying or 2.) an outlier.