Originally Posted by Artagel
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Re. the "ragin' debate," I still feel they may surprise us and use a combat system that is not RTwP but not quite TB either.

This was posted weeks ago, and it's just not possible.

You CAN NOT have a system where you combine different aspects so it's partially TB and partially RTwP... It really does have to be one or the other, because you're talking about how the player manipulates time during combat. I'm not going to go into it again, search the thread if you need to, but it's just not possible.

The camera perspective really doesn't matter In this regard.

Yeah, and just like the last time so too here you are misrepresenting what I am saying. I never said anything about it being partially one and the other. I am talking about a system that takes one OR the other and then makes some technology-based changes to it to make it more palatable to those who don't like that type of system. In Realms Beyond, for example, the devs have talked about having an option to completely skip over the animations for the enemy and even for your party as a way of speeding things up. They have also said you can set up AI profiles for your party members and then have the AI auto-resolve combats for you, a feature I intend to use a lot. But the feature I am thinking of that Larian could potentially use, in a TB system, is to allow me to input the actions for all of my party members all at once and then have the AI resolve everything simultaneously. This way I won't have to suffer through the usual tedium and irritation of a sequence of turn-taking.