Originally Posted by deserk
I would guess personally all classic races, i.e. Human, Elf, Half-Elf, Dwarf, Halfling and Gnome, as well as their subraces. Plus Half-orc, Tiefling/Aasimar, Genasi. And maybe Dragonborn and Goliath at later stage (potentially an expansion) if we are lucky.

Anything beyond that really exceeds what is needed for a DnD CRPG in my opinion. Also, what is the point of having many playable races, if NPCs don't regard you any different than they would a human? Personally that sort of thing I find really hacky. I love it when you actually get a different reactions and experiences from NPCs and the story simply by your choice of either race, class or attributes. That sort attention to detail in a game does kind help give you the illusion that you are participating in your own story, which is definitely a major plus in a CRPG.

Dragonborn will definitely be in it right away, it's a core PHB race.

And has no one been paying attention to what Sven has been saying in interviews, things like race and class will matter, along with many, many other things. I mean I don't expect every interaction to invovle their race and class, but enough that they will matter.