Originally Posted by Sordak
I dont even disagree with you. But are you actually going to tell me im wrong?
the reason people still mod NWN1 and to a lesser degree NWN2 is because its realy easy. The graphics of NWN1 are extremely simple and the tileset approach to level design makes creating modules realy easy.

OS2 has great modding tools, much better ones than OS1 but you bareley see anyone actually use them. Modding games these days just is more of a hassle, creating new assets requires a level of skill that people who do this as a hobby quite frankly dont posess.
ive dabbled in 3D a bit myself, doing low poly indie tier stuff is easy, adding somehting to a game like OS2 which still isnt exactly Withcer 3... yeah forget about it.

The only modern games that get a lot of modding are stuff like Skyrim and Fallout.
the simpler the graphics and the more open the engine, the more modding you get. Thats why you still see tons of mods for NWN; Morrowind, mount and blade and so on. But bareley any for OS2.

Im not even trying to be a party pooper, i would love to see a return of peresistant worlds, as in my opinion they do RPG multiplayer the best, but i just dont see people doing it in modern games.

It all depends on the tools available...

Last edited by vometia; 28/01/20 02:37 AM. Reason: formatting