Originally Posted by Melkyor95
[...]

It will backfire on them anyway.

Will it, though? Let's be honest who of all the old players is still around to play roleplaying games? How important are they for Larian, after they earned so much money with the D:OS-games? Are those the people that bought Original Sin 1 and 2 and thought "gee, I would love to see Baldur's Gate 3 by those people, so I buy their games and hope that they do it like in the old days?" Or are the buyers people that loved D:OS 1 and 2 and now will buy BG3 too, since they get more of what they love? I don't think, that the old fans are that important anymore, because it has been 19 years since the last entry in the series and the only people that still think of the game as relevant are a few hardcorefans and journalists. But because it is a Larian-game, the series might spark some new interest.

Baldurs Gate 1 was my first favorite game ever and I still have a soft spot for it. But it hasn't aged as gracefully as 2 and Throne of Bhaal got really rushed after the fist half of the game. Baldur's Gate 2 was the best, but only because it was already streamlined and linear and more of a collection of shortstories and more of sidestory than part of the actual Bhaalspawn-story. The mainquest was never as great as we remember it and other games have shown that you can be better. And now Baldur's Gate 3 will show it hopefully again. Let the past rest and enjoy the future, people.

Last edited by Zelon; 02/03/20 02:13 PM.