Originally Posted by CyberianK
Yes this is the best thing that could have happened to Baldurs Gate 3. No other company is better suited as you said.

And the alternative would have just been just no successor for BG3 at all.

Even if you don't like BG3 when it comes out it does not destroy the old games those are still the same. Lets make constructive contributions when access starts not wild accusations that every major design decisions was wrong. Those can't be reverted now and were made for reasons and understandably different then what was done 20 years ago. If its a great game in the end with some success then Larian was right. Which is probably their intention to deliver that.

I was hyped when I learned that Larian was making BG3, it couldnt had been a better developer. I was just hoping we wouldnt get a genetic copy of DOS2. Alot of this can be solved by altering how the game looks. Alot of how you *feel* about a game depends on the looks. I dont expect a Infinity Engine clone but there are so much things that could make it look not-like-DOS.

I guess for people who loved DOS2 this is a dream come true, but for the rest of us, not so much.