Originally Posted by LaserOstrich
Originally Posted by Riandor
[...]Sorry but that is normal for a lot of new games that inherit older franchises. The unhappy are ALWAYS more vocal on any medium. Those that are happy at what they saw often don't even go on forums. [...]

The same effect as why angry customers are X times (I can't recall) more likely to leave a (accordingly bad) review on everything in general.

Originally Posted by Riandor
BG means so many different things to so many. [...] But my reasons for liking it aren't yours and that's fine. [...] ...because we all have those memories, not 1 person's is more important than anyone elses.

Originally Posted by Madscientist
Many players [...] seek to have the same impressive experience they had when playing BG for the first time ages ago. They are doomed to fail, because they are different people now. No game will ever satisfy them because it feels different than the feeling they had when playing BG 20 years ago.

Well said.
In addition, there is no developer on this earth, who can write code that exactly recreates memories which were already created by the experience of something good in the past.
And a fool who would even try.

I don't understand all this childhood memories thing you so adamant use as an argument.
Harry Potter fans expect Harry Potter things, Witcher fans expect Witcher things,BG fans expect BG things, that's why franchises and series exist,because people know what to expect when buy/consume something from that franchise/series.
For some people it may be the case,but if you think it's all about feelings and unreachable emotional goals for everyone you're very wrong.

I live a lucky life and I live my days playing videogames for 14+h a day,and it's been like that for almost 10 years (been playing since I was 7 tho) and that means nothing,in fact as I said earlier,the opinion of veteran gamers are worth nothing compared to the new gamers for most companies so in any case it may be even detrimental.

I avoid using steam,origin,epic,or any platform like a plague so if you base gaming experience on steam hours...let's say it may not be the most accurate. (Not even mentioning consoles as Riandor pointed out)

Last edited by Adgaroth; 10/03/20 02:34 PM.