Originally Posted by GodXan
Hi,

I created an account just to pitch in!

Clearly Larian didn't think enough about this!

---Normally we try out a lot before we make a decision, but with real-time with pause and turn-based we didn't, we just said "Okay it's just gonna be turn-based."
---David Walgrave, executive producer on Baldur's Gate 3 at Larian Studios.

They basically did go turn based only because they were used to it on their previous games. read here: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-02-27-baldurs-gate-3-interview

And they will suffer from this decision.
Because I will surely not buy that game if it is only turn by turn and I know for a fact that I am not alone!
They simply are not true to the BG saga. Call it a DnD game if you want, but I know that this is a huge deal breaker for many of us fans, so just address the problem Larian...

The community is really divided by this question, ppl have a look or better, go answer that poll: https://strawpoll.com/s4561xkh

They should at least give and option to play the game both ways. I know it might imply complex modifications to what they have already made, but its still better than to have a failed game and a failed reputation afterwards.

Don't get me wrong here, I enjoyed playing Divinity, but I really enjoyed playing BG, and now this game is called BG3, so act accordingly Larian.

My point here is, address the situation or feel the consequence!

Okay, so let's just say for the sake of argument that one half wants RTwP and the other half wants TB. Currently, then, one half is happy, the other half isn't (though we know it isn't that cut and dry). If Larian goes about redesigning the game to make it RTwP, then one half would still be happy and the other half would still be unhappy. Should they spend all that time and money to end up right where they started? Of course not. Now, I know the response: do both. I believe that have recently said they will not (AMA chat?), but if they can and they deem it worth it, they will. The timers on skills are already present, so maybe it isn't so far fetched an idea. At the very least, I wouldn't expect it for release.