Originally Posted by Madscientist
BG2 was also a great game but:
- You spend a long time pre buffing to kill powerful enemies fast, without buffs they can destroy you. Maybe that is reduced now with concentration mechanic.
- Any balance is gone. Casters become gods with some high level spells, while fighters can still only hit things with a weapon, just like lv1.

ToB I finished only once, it became boring when I wanted to play again.
The game throws epic items and epic encounters at you all the time, but you destroy everything anyway. One level more or yet another epic items make no difference, you already rush through everything like a god.

As i've said many times FU** the balance.

Balance is completely against immersion and variety. Look to VtMB. If the game devs decided to remove nosferatu who is the hardest clan to be played or nerfed his deformity to a minor seduction penalty instead of making the deformity a harsh curse in a highly social game, do you think that the game would be better? In some settings like Dark Sun, by lore reasons, arcanists are hated with passion. I expect to have a much harder time being a Arcanist on a dark sun adaptation than in a baldur's gate adaptation. The game mechanics needs to reflect the game world. After i finish another PFKM run, i will purchase dark sun on gog and i expect to have a much harder time using arcane magic.

Note that :

• You can find really powerful items on bg2
  • There are magical immune creatures that require Tenser's transformation + melee even for casters
  • Now on 5e, spells above tier 5 are far more limited
  • On 3.5e and 2e, be a arcane caster is a pain in the *** until you hit lv 5/6
  • Enemies can dispel your buffs. nwn1's Klauth is an example
  • Magic is far weaker on 5e. Finger of Death no longers OHK on failed save for eg.
  • People compare arcane casters with fighters on 3.5e BUT never with clerics. Clerics can do everything that a wizard can do, in armor, with better WILL save, weapon proficiency, better BAB, healing capacity, better hit points and don't even need to buy scrolls.

Originally Posted by Emrikol
Originally Posted by Madscientist
ToB I finished only once, it became boring when I wanted to play again.
The game throws epic items and epic encounters at you all the time, but you destroy everything anyway. One level more or yet another epic items make no difference, you already rush through everything like a god.

This made me wonder (if it hasn't been mentioned already) how difficult it might be to balance a game for too many levels. It seems to me a common experience for an RPG to start out challenging only to enter god-mode at some point at higher levels. Hopefully the 10 level limit can help prevent this.

I an trying to beat(again) spawn of rovagog on pathfinder kingmaker. He is insanely hard even for a lv 20 MC with high level companions. Unless you are "Ao", there are always a bigger fish...

Last edited by SorcererVictor; 01/04/20 02:55 PM.