@SorcererVictor

I agree that DnD is unbalanced it it will always be, but I still think that you should not ignore balance completely.
Those games are complex as hell and it takes a long time to understand the system.
Expert players will enjoy this but new players get completely lost.
I have played P:K and it was very hard for even though I played many RPGs before.
If you do not look for a guide in the internet it is really hard to find out which class/spells/feats are usefull.
You have a guy in heavy armor and shield: lol, most powerful enemies will use touch attacks.
You do not know what freedom of movement does: lol, there are groups of enemies and each one tries to paralyze you every round.
BG3 would be my first game with the DnD5E system and even though I read the players handbook there will probably be lots of situations where I do not know whats going on.

You said clerics are better than mages, I say: It depends

In NWN2 I had a favoured soul as main char and it was better than a fighter in every way, mostly thanks to persistent spells. Cast some spells in the morning and bash enemies all day long. I agree that a cleric is way better than a fighter in this game.
But in BG2 powerful mages were almost impossible to beat without having a mage youself. Protection spells and the removal of those spells were almost a game in itself.
With spell triggers and contingencies they were gods and then came ToB with improved alancrity+robe of vecna to boost your power beyond any limits.
In P:K they can make most enemies helpless with stinking cloud and in all games its always good to have somebody cast haste.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi: