I had a hate towards larian too on past. Thanks to Shadiversity i purchased dos2 but honestly din't liked. Cooldowns, item fever, Zimbabwe currency number inflation, archers limited to 13m(...) and some people mentioning dos2 as "modern baldur's gate" when dos2 has everything that i hate on modern games.

Even created some rage threads when Vincke mentioned that "misses obvious not work", that "leveling is too slow" and other things ( http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=85196&Number=652816#Post652816 )

But after thinking a little more, my hate was just a irrational feeling due not liking most modern games and some comments generating high expectations.

I admit. Some things on the BAldur's Gate gameplay i din't liked like the fact that level 1 characters can deal with intellect devourers and the toy range of spells/bows will KILL the ranger class(that is already one of the weakest classes ever), but i confess that i was expecting a Sword Coast Legends feat Divinity Original Sin 2 and got a decent adaptation. Not a amazing adaptation like ToEE, but a decent one.