Originally Posted by _Vic_
[quote=Xvim]

I concur, maybe it´s nostalgia talking, but I do not remember BG-BG2 (Tob definitely yes) as a particularly dark and gritty game. I mean, it has some drama and dungeons but in Diablo 2 you find corpses and gore everywhere you go, in BG you find a circus when you arrive at Athkathla (which would only be dark if you have a trauma with clowns),

My childhood birthday party. ohgod.
[Linked Image]

Anyway, the atmosphere in Baldur's Gate was definitely not just one thing. There were goofy things like the golden pantaloons, and dark things like vampires torturing your love interests, and a god of murder, and Edwina, and Khalid getting murdered in an experimental sex dungeon, and Boo, and Jan Jansen...

If true to form, BG3 will have its ridiculous moments and its dark as pitch moments as well. Which I think they're doing well at so far, what with the worms in the eyes and Gale's cheesy pick-up lines. Hell, even watching
Astarion gush about the sky and the daylight while narrowly not tripping over corpses was both dark and funny. He seemed like a Disney prince ready to burst into song on a devastated battleground.