Originally Posted by kanisatha
Originally Posted by Emrikol
Originally Posted by kanisatha
A true cRPG has a pretty hard ceiling of no more than about 2 million in sales over the long term ... which would about match D:OS2 sales.

So you consider DOS2 a "true" cRPG? Interesting. I wouldn't have expected that.

But anyway, what makes a cRPG a "true" cRPG? And why can't a "true" cRPG break through a ceiling of 2 million sales?

You are clearly lacking in the ability to be logical. How do you get one from the other? 'True RPGs don't sell over 2 million.' 'D:OS2 sales were about that.' Two completely separate things. How does the first mean I'm saying D:OS2 is a true RPG? No logic there at all.

Saying something is a true RPG is a way of differentiating it from a new sub-genre of RPG that emerged in more recent years, namely action RPGs.

DOS2 is a cRPG. According to you, "true" cRPGs do not sell more than 2 million copies (roughly). Since DOS2 did not sell more than 2 million copies (roughly), and since it is a cRPG, the implication is that DOS2 is a "true" cRPG. Is it a necessarily conclusion? No, but given the absence of any other criteria to know what constitutes a "true" cRPG, it's a reasonable conclusion (not that I really thought that is what you meant, though). Consider it facetious.

By your definition of "true" cRPG, would you consider a cRPG not a true RPG?

And why can't a "true" cRPG break more than 2 million sales?