Having unrealistic expectations can kill an experience so fast....soooooo

I am expecting exactly what I have seen so far: An awesome PC 5e rule set champagne that is faithful to the RAW (Rules As Written).
It is very close to the desktop game, but it has come to life.

What I do Not expect is a sequel to Balders Gate 1 and 2. It is simply in the same region of the same world...ie Faerun (My favorite realm).

Te original BG was a different rule-set and a different time period in Faerun. Now many races are long lived compared to humans, so any of the elves, half-lings, or Elminster (one Mystra's chosen) are likely hanging out someplace.

hat said, this is an opportunity to showcase a brand new story in the same city.

There have been many great and classic stories from this realm. Drizzt had his own set of adventures. Elminster and the other Chosen of Mystra battled against numerous threats...the greatest of which was the attack against the "Weave". The curse of Strahd campaign has been released in more than one rule set. Tales from the Yawning Portal, The eye of the Beholder series, Myth Drannor, Haluura, The Underdark...and on and on.

If they make the game easily mod-able and release a tool-set then they will win.

I am hoping that the game is a success, and that I can look forward to future campaign modules...er um...games...yes that's what they are called... to be released.

Ok so Skyrim is one country in a bigger setting that shares a lore and history with say Morrowind. D&D is like that in it shares a lore and history with all its stories.

Wait and see list:

Engaging NPCs and an awesome story are in my hopeful category. (NPCs include those outside my party)

The story looks very promising, I am hoping for some interesting and challenging side-quests with multiple solutions.

Crafting and filler content can be addressed with mods.

Last edited by Van'tal; 20/04/20 11:14 PM.