Ok, prone is a tactical cool thing that you can make on 5e. Now look how many things Pathfinder 2e and even D&D 4e allows his users... Rangers on 5e are probably the most lackluster class ever. And is possible to make rangers great. Just look to Rangers on Dragon's Dogma. I know, a action game, but most longbow skills can be translated to another game. Great gamble is probably the hardest skill to translate. But it can be translated.

Martial classes on 3.5e had cleave, disarm, grapple, knockdown(...). We could also add throw dirt inflicting temporary blindness on a failed save, decapitate, etc; if the DM allow improvisation on combat and if we wanna makes martial classes supernatural too, we can even add warcries, auras and other cool stuff for high level martial classes.

That IMO would be cool. Just like the caster can use a cloudkill to destroy a low level army on 3.5e and weaken mid to high level enemies, a barbarian able use a warcryes and make enemies who fails a save run in terror or die from fear, would be cool. When someone mention MID/HIGH level barbarian in a fantasy setting, i imagine Guts from Berserk fighting on Berserk armor, decapitating hordes of demons and making human enemies run in fear just by seeing him, not a guy "i attack" and "i attack", now "i attack"... And i honestly don't even know if i would consider him high level. For me, he is mid level. Similar to Thoth-Amon on Conan(to compare him with a arcane caster)

Last edited by SorcererVictor; 08/06/20 04:16 AM.