Originally Posted by Dragon_Master
Originally Posted by SorcererVictor

At 3:25 on community update https://youtu.be/-YsT9eQ_CO4?t=205

It is serious? Underdark in a low level game? I had troubles on underdark as a high level on nwn:hotu and BG2: SoA.

Is that less believable going from beating Seravok into Siege of Dragonspear and fighting a liche, a mind flayer, an adult green dragon, a devil named Bhelefit then getting captured by Irenicus and fighting goblins in BG2?

I don't think that Larian should take SoD as a inspiration... Anyway, i strongly believe that Belhifet is extremely nerfed on SoD. Seriously, when i tried to solo IWD, i din't had problem with any boss, except him. Had to lower the difficulty from insane to normal and years later, when i soloed again, i had to try 12 times to beat him on insane.

Here is the average score for SoD on GoG
[Linked Image]

Maybe underdark can be interesting. Did you played Gothic 2? When you get into valley of mines, you will have a really hard time against anything on chapter 2. If you got claw of beliar, then maybe you can lure a ork and take only one of then at time, but not the strongest orks nor the strongest wild animals. On late game, when you are strong enough, it becomes so satisfying to clear a area which you could't do anything before... Maybe the underdark is a late game area which you need to be extremely careful. And maybe you can enter in the same area on a DLC or BG4 with more power.

An adventure where you need to escape from underdark avoiding combat, mainly against many foes can be interesting. But i don't wanna fight a Dracolich like Vix'thra on a low level campaign... Run from him and try to escape is ok. Defeating him, is not.

Last edited by SorcererVictor; 15/06/20 01:25 PM.