Vometia: What i meant by reducitonist is Reductionism in the sense that one seeks answers by trying to apply "simpler" explanations. Which is what i think gets done in this debate a lot.
It gets generalized away as saying "people are upset and its always going to be this way and it always has been this way".

I dislike this because it implies that there has been no change. And i do not think that this is accurate.

As you pointed out, theres a bit of a one size fits all appraoch.
I point towards "california" specifically because this is where alot of gaming companies recruit their employees and especialy writers. So there is a saturation of that mindset in the industry.
Hence why a lot of peopel seem to be getting upset with CDPR over their image change from "the Poland company" to what they are now.

If i had to make a comparison between genres (which i dont like doing), id like to explain it that way: Remember when all American action movies in the early 2000s were about American Soldier Men blowing up Evil Sand people terrorists?

basically were at that stage in Video games now. Only instead of the Republicans we got Captain Planet.

deathride:

The commen tabout Hairstyles was obviously about that Obsidian Space game. Where every single female character had that "I want to talk tot he manager" pixie haricut.
Lots of people made fun of that

Last edited by Sordak; 15/06/20 05:21 PM.