Lots of good conversation in this thread, I just want to clarify that all I'm hoping for is more footage of a mode of playing the game that has been talked about by Larian, but not really shown so far. This is not a "it should be more like the originals"-thread.

I fully realize that, as an old Infinity Engine fan, this game may not be for me, someone who likes tactical top-down party based games, and that's fine. BG is allowed to evolve beyond what it was, so don't let that derail the conversation. The original saga has existed for 20 years, and is not diminished by this new entry. However, since Larian has mentioned that they will be actively working on making the game "feel" more like BG, I'm curious about seeing if it will be possible to play the game this way or not. For those who want it.

The free roaming, pseudo third-person, mode seems to be working fantastically so far, but it isn't really a mini game I'm interesten in playing. The old saying goes "show, not tell", but I find that Dungeons and Dragons is a lot more about the telling than the showing. Your own imagination can be as powerful as the actual visualisation. I find the gameplay demos so far very disorienting, and by far the largest amount of gameplay time goes to controlling the camera rather than, what I would call, playing the actual game.

Last edited by atlimar; 12/07/20 12:13 PM.