Originally Posted by neongreg
Oh I get what you mean now, my bad. And I'm actually on the other end of the spectrum. I love the d20 system and how chance has a play in everything. It makes combat more exciting and as someone who makes it up as I go along, it's definitely my style. I get how it can be annoying though, if you are a good planner, it ruins every single plan. I also like the volume of spells because I feel there is more ways to do things, and I like new ways to do things. I think initiative makes sense in some ways but not others. I fully expect my ninja monk to get a hit in before my wizard can. But it's set to an extreme with a turn order, which I don't think is entirely fixable

Yes I am all about planning everything, and yes I am very good at it. So yeah, I want the game to reward me for having done my homework, for having pre-planned, and for having made good choices with my character development, and absolutely NOT have game outcomes be determined by sheer luck or randomness. To each their own, right?

Originally Posted by Sven_
Owlcat's next game is going to be turn-based Sci/Fi, btw. Probably based on Starfinder, which equally is based on Pathfinder/D20, but they've yet to announce it.

I haven't seen any such info, but would be interesting. I would be very pissed at them, as someone who has backed with a decent amount of money their two Pathfinder games, if their attitude is to include a TB option in their RTwP games but not include a RTwP option in their TB game.