Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Well, the most boring, tedious, repetitive, brain-dead combat I've ever encountered in a videogame was in D:OS.

In singleplayer... fair enough. In coop you can keep swiping/freesing/shocking your coop partner whenever her refuses to follow with your plan. I don't think D:OS1&2 works well outside coop, which is fine. Less so BG which has a strong singleplayer legacy. Still, as some of my favourite games are turn-based I don't think this is where the problem lies, and least not for me.

Okay, but I am a strictly SP gamer, so I am speaking from the vantage point of my experiences. Also, when you speak of all your favorite games being TB, are you speaking just of cRPGs or of videogames generally? I love certain strategy games. They are generally TB. And I have no problem with those games being TB because it makes sense in their context. Just wondering.
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Well, the most boring, tedious, repetitive, brain-dead combat I've ever encountered in a videogame was in D:OS. And filler trash mobs were plentiful in it too. Even the goblin combat encounters we've seen so far in BG3 come across to me as tedious brain-dead filler combat.

This is what people like about you. Whenever you express your opinions, you're always so polite and respectful.

I am sure you're being sarcastic, in which case I would ask: exactly what am I saying here that is not polite or respectful? There is not one single word there that is a personal attack on anyone else. Not one. I am merely expressing my personal experiences as a gamer. That's it. No bad words. No cuss words. No judgment or labeling of anyone else. So exactly what are you talking about?