Originally Posted by Emrikol
Originally Posted by Vlad the Impaler
If Larian makes BG3 turned based it won't be Baldur's Gate.

Well, that's the subject of another thread. But in case you don't know, Larian most certainly is making BG3 turn based

Well, considering the FACT that the title of this thread is "ragin debate: active pause vs turn per turn" it appears that my comment fits EXACTLY with the subject of THIS thread.

Considering how after waking up in the middle of the night and my first conscious thought is what you say here - well, 2nd conscious thought after thinking that I need to use the bathroom - I can now say that I have never ever been so disappointed before in my life about a pending game. I've been eagerly waiting around 18 years for BG3 to come out because BG2 and its expansions are hands down the best RPG games I've ever played. But sadly Larian is going to ruin it. Instead of staying faithful to the FEEL of the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games, they are turning BG into a different kind of role playing game and throwing D&D skins onto it so they can call it Baldur's Gate 3. Now I'm not even sure I'll play it. If they were to release it today, I know I wouldn't play it. But six weeks from now I'll probably be over my disappointment enough to give it a try even though I KNOW it absolutely will not FEEL the same as playing BG or BG2. There won't be any sense of urgency. There won't be any excitement. There won't be any intensity. There won't be any sense of immediacy. It will just be another endless series of problems/puzzles to solve at my leisure. Because I have NEVER played any turn based game of any kind in any genre that can match the feeling of playing a RT or RTwP game like the Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate series of games. Temple of Elemental Evil was a very close second.