Originally Posted by kanisatha

Absolutely. If that's what you enjoy, that's how you should be able to play. I'm perfectly happy that a game would provide for that kind of playstyle for you. So I cannot understand why people (not you) would get on my case for preferring a different playstyle.

I'm also team coward with lighting bolts. And it's not just pressing button -- it's also pretty lights and such wink I mean necrofire just looks neat, right? Sorry if you feel put upon but I have no problem with you enjoying melee -- to each their own.

The ideal is that everyone is able to play the game they like. But that's not always possible, in practice you can't please all the people all the time. I usually feel like my favored style frustrated by devs who want to nerf, restrict, increase cool down time etc. These decisions are usually combined with readings from gospel of balance -- a creed that says my favorite playstyle is "stupid and pointless". And perhaps that's right -- but I don't care if it is. If I have fun imagining a barbarian throwing a hamster on an enemies face, I do. Sometimes dumb is fun. "Go for the eyes, boo!

Now best the way to give us both what we want is allow diplomatic solutions to problems. If you can talk your way out of any encounter the power players get to see the pretty colors if they want and the balance lovers don't feel obligated to power up to make it through the encounter.