Originally Posted by Daniel213
Originally Posted by _Vic_
I sometimes wonder if people do know how D&D5E´s creatures, uniforms and the city of Baldur´s gate actually look like before making comparisons...

Fair enough about the characters. But I wasn't really talking about the character design. I was talking about the general art direction, the entire look and feel. Let me show you what I mean.

If you would show those screenshots to someone who doesn't know both games, I assure you he'd tell you it's from the same game and the same level/map.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And there is something about the graphic portrayal about all the characters and assets that makes it look like the exact same game, that just got some graphical updates.

Hardly surprising these shots look similar really, if you pick pretty much the most generic fantasy location possible- An overgrown ruined fort. Stone walls, flagstones, steps, plants, etc. There’s places very much like this all over the Witcher games, Dagon Age: Inquisition, etc, etc.

Even with new textures, how different do you expect them to be? Granted, the bushes look the same and broken columns appear to be the same style, but you appear to have carefully picked out screenshots to make a point about the “entire look and feel” of the game.

How about a bit more of a challenge and try to match up something like this, which is just as much part of the “entire look and feel” as your examples?

[Linked Image]

As for there being “something about the graphic portrayal of the characters“, do you mean how DOS games have 3D cartoon characters with fixed facial expressions and don’t move an inch during dialogue, while BG3 has life like characters with fully animated dialogue and cut scenes roughly on par with major studio releases?