Originally Posted by _Vic_

Originally Posted by Torque

I don't understand what version of D&D has to do what the game looks like. If PF:K ran 5E it would look identical except for some minor UI adjustments.

I respectfully disagree.
The Character and creature design, armour, weapon, etc and possibly the world would be different because Paizo´s pathfinder has a very (very, very, very very very) different style in the artwork than D&D, and, like in any edition, the artwork changes with every installment of the game.

The setting would determine the looks of the world. It´s not the same playing in the lush forests with the proud knights of Lastwall in PF1e than in the dark, undead infested lands of Lastwall in PF2e, the same the game look very different if we´re playing in the Sword coast, the snowy mountains of Icewind Dale or in the plane city of Sigil or the gothic-oriented lands of Ravenloft.

Also, different combat mechanics and rules need different UI.

But Icewind Dale looks like Baldurs Gate. Are you saying because of the snow textures it doesnt? Its like, yea in 5E there are no areas with forests, plains and mountains so I guess it would be impossible for Owlcat to create the Stolen Lands but with a different name. Also, your arguement that Paizo and WotC use (not a very very very very very) different art style doesnt make sense because Owlcat would've still been Owlcat and they wouldve used the same engine and artists.