It's interesting how reactions to this update seem to be the opposite of how people have reacted to this game thus far. smile

For me as a strong critic, this was a good update, maybe even an awesome update. Just to get the sex issue out of the way, my attitude on romances in cRPGs is very absolute: either go all the way and include everything (so NO CHEESY fade to black) or else leave romances out altogether. I greatly value realism even in my games.

But this update had so much more. It was a great update about decisions, choices, and consequences. And that stuff is the heart and soul of the RPG experience for me. I LOVE that they phrased this entire discussion as being about RELATIONSHIPS, with romances being just one part of it all. Relationships is what it ought to be all about, including a great variety of different types of relationships, both between your PC and NPCs as well as among NPCs with each other. And, there was a lot in there about how your custom character will not be shortchanged relative to the Origin characters in this department. This means a lot to me as someone who will not ever play an Origin character. Heck they even revealed that at some point one of your companions may not survive because of reactions between you and that companion, as in you kill them. Awesome! The evil companions must DIE!! For someone like me who very strongly favors the outside-of-combat roleplaying parts of a cRPG, this was a hugely meaningful update.

The one thing that left me a bit confused/concerned was this from the Q&A:
Will companions be interchangeable during long rest?
Yes, at the start of your adventure your recruited companions will be at camp when not in the adventuring party, and can be swapped in and out at camp. Just like friends in real life! After the first act however you are going to have to commit, also just like in real life.

That very last sentence is what has me concerned.