Originally Posted by Hawke
from the last news!

Originally posted by Larian:
Will companions be interchangeable during long rest?
Yes, at the start of your adventure your recruited companions will be at camp when not in the adventuring party, and can be swapped in and out at camp. Just like friends in real life! After the first act however you are going to have to commit, also just like in real life.

I love this game until today, but losing the ability to change your party after act 1 means I will not spend any money on it! Because it means you only have effectively 3 companions which is a joke compared to every single party-based CRPG I have ever played: you guys said you listen to feedback so I really doubt anyone thinks this is good so please post here to make sure Larian changes this ASAP!

Losing party after act 1 was hated by everyone in DOS2 and no other RPG ever did it because it means the player loses the choice to build the right party for each encounter, meaning the game losing depth!

Totally agree with you, and for exactly the same reasons. I also believe very strongly that in a party-based game, party composition flexibility is a critical aspect of it. This takes away player choice, and completely flies in the face of Larian's claims that they are all about player choice. And for those of you for whom this is not a concern because you like to limit yourself in terms of your party composition, you can play your game that way anyways. So those of us who like having party composition choice having this in the game takes nothing away from you.

I too am shocked by this. Seems like hubris on Larian's part thinking that gamers everywhere believe Larian got everything perfectly right in D:OS2, so any and all features from that game that don't contradict D&D 5e should be automatically included in this game.