And for the record, I have to remind people of this, that despite my criticisms against this game being "Baldur's Gate 3" ... I still believe Larian wants to genuinely provide a top tier experience.

I just wish WotC hadn't pursued the cash grab.

We have the module BG: Descent Into Avernus so why not call this BG: Something Something.

I could understand if the city were the main character, but it is just the backdrop of the first two games, and is so far the same in BG3. I could understand if Bhaal is the main character again. But why be so tight lipped about it? There is no reason why they couldn't have used the resurrection of Bhaal (which is canon) as part of the PR to clearly link the two games together? In my estimation the only reason for secrecy is that there is no connection - because the events of the original trilogy are over, and ToB is already "BG3" - and that the links to the prior games are in FR setting and lore only, which means easter eggs and stuff we already know as fans of the series. So again, why the secrecy?

All we've been shown time after time are DOS2 systems and structures with more polish. The problem with wanting to "show more people their own formula of cRPG" is that their approach has become formulaic.